The Center Double Leg is the best-seller from Pletscher.
One item you'll want to invest in before you hit the road on your next bicycle tour is the Pletscher ESGE Double Leg Center Kickstand. This product is designed to keep your bike perfectly upright, regardless of the terrain.
The Pletscher ESGE Double Leg Center Kickstand features a center support and a folding mechanism that makes it easy to use. It also has aluminum casting that makes it durable enough to stand up to the elements over time.
If you're concerned about it fitting your bicycle, there's no need to worry - the Pletscher ESGE Double Leg Center Kickstand can be trimmed to suit your ride. There are marks on the aluminum legs where the stand can be cut to cater to your specific bike.
The Pletscher Deluxe Top Plate F8
comes with the kickstand to prevent scratches on your frame (Included: Hex bolt M10 x 55, Top Plate, Half-moon Guards)
Pletscher Double Leg Review
A commenter on Jeromes-Bikes.blogspot.com admitted that he loved the Pletscher ESGE Double Leg Center Kickstand and has never experienced his bike falling over, even for his tall bicycle.
Many reviewers advise using this kickstand with the Pletscher shoes
in order to prevent the legs from sinking into the ground; especially if you will be travelling on muddy roads, dirt roads, or in sandy area.
- Center support
- Long-lasting folding mechanism
- Classic design
- Push Spring Mechanism
- Aluminum Casting GD AlSi9Cu3
- Markings along the leg allow the kickstand to be cut down to the right size
- Includes all nevessary mounting hardware
- The Pletscher Deluxe Top Plate F8 is now included with the kickstand to prevent scratches on your frame (Included: Hex bolt M10 x 55, Top Plate, Half-moon Guards)
- Extremely durable Aluminum Casting GD AlSi9Cu3
- Black powder coated or silver polished
- Fits in kickstand shoe F24 (optional)
- Support (LxWxH): 2.3 x 1.2 x 2.6 in. (58 x 31 x 66 cm)
- Suitable for 26 " and 28" bikes
- Max. leg length: 12.6" / 320 mm (markings allow kickstand to be cut down to the right size)
- Weight: 19 oz. (542 g)
How to cut legs at the right length
The kickstand usually fits right out of the box, but if needed, the kickstand is designed to be cut down to the right size. This is how you should proceed:
- Measure the distance in mm. from the bottom of the chainstay to the ground.
- Cut the leg at the corresponding number on the kickstand (this is the purpose of the markings along the leg).